Monday, July 7, 2014

Welcome to the new Seeing Is Believing!

10301589_766483176707643_2915255619922481239_n

Welcome to the new and improved Seeing Is Believing. If you take a look around the blog, you will find many changes and updates that make this more accessible and user-friendly. Not to mention a different design and layout.

So, to help users out, let's go through what has changed about Seeing Is Believing and what can be expected in the future.

Design

This is entirely the work of Seeing Is Believing's new contributor, Jaime Williams. With experience in web design and being an online editor for a college newspaper, Jaime has worked hard to make this site more than just a place for me to give out my opinions.

At this point in time, Jaime is still working on the design of the blog, so things might change over the course of the next few weeks. Please be patient with us as we work things out.

Banners

As you can see, the site now has its own logo and banner, designed by Jaime. It is a combination of the many stills I've used over the course of my reviews and I feel it captures what I like about cinema in just a few images.

Now on Wordpress

Blogger is not the only way to see my reviews now. I have now adopted another domain over on Wordpress, by the same name, and have set up base there as well. Everything I've done on this site is also up there, so if you prefer to use Wordpress over Blogger, feel free to head on over there and check the blog out.

The link can be found here:

http://paulselluloid.wordpress.com/

Also, I don't believe I've mentioned this before, but I also post the majority of my articles and editorials on another website called "World Of Entertainment," a fun little site where we talk about anything movie or television related, or anything nerdy. It is helmed by fellow Eastern Washington University graduates, so give it a look:

http://worldofentertainment.info/

Facebook and Twitter are go!

I have now set up a Facebook page dedicated solely to my website. All new articles, reviews and editorials will be posted there, as well as any more news about the blog, daily insights into my thought process, film knowledge and community questions. So head on over there and give that a like and let me know what you think.

I also have (reluctantly) set up a Twitter page for myself. Links to my articles will be posted there as well, and any news to keep you up to date on the blog. So if you'd like to discuss anything film related or just say hello, you can follow me on Twitter.

Both of these will be linked on both the Wordpress and Blogger sites. Trust me, liking the Facebook page or following me on Twitter really does help me out. It lets me know what I'm doing right and lets me get in better contact with my readers. So if you have even the slightest interest in my articles, I'd be eternally grateful for a Facebook like.

I plan to get Google+ and Tumblr set up some time in the future, so stay tuned for that.

Google Ads have been activated

The last big change to the website is that I have turned on Google Ads. Meaning that every once in a while, an advertisement for Wal-Mart or Home Depot might pop up. It will never be anything that will give your computer a virus, I promise.

The reason I turned the ads on is because, with them on, I get paid a certain amount of money from Google, based on how many page views I get. The more people look at my articles, the more money I get.

I apologize if this seems greedy or like I'm selling out. Look at this way, if I get paid to write now, I'll be even more inclined to do it. That means you'll get even more content. It's a win-win situation. Also know that I am not doing this solely for the money. I do this so that I can share my love and passion for cinema with you guys and hopefully give you a bit more clarity on the matter.

To me, the money is just a nice after thought. It's not my main focus, and it never will be, but I won't complain about getting it.

However, if my readers complain about the ads getting in the way or something to that extent, I'll be more than happy to turn them off.

I am waiting for approval from Google to allow ads on the site, so you might not see ads around the site for a few more weeks.

That is about it for the new changes. Thanks for sticking with me through all of this and I hope that I can continue to keep you guys entertained. If you guys have something you'd like to tell me, suggest or criticize, please leave a comment below or like that Facebook page and send me a message there.

In the mean time, enjoy the many new reviews and articles that I just put out on the site. We have a few new reviews, including ones for "How To Train Your Dragon 2," "Edge Of Tomorrow," "Jason And The Argonauts" and "22 Jump Street," a new mission statement about what I want to do with the blog and my top five films of 2014 thus far.

Catch you later guys, and remember to stay awesome.

No comments: