Monday, June 23, 2014

Blog Update & Big Changes



So yeah, it has been a few weeks since I last updated the blog here. I'd just like to keep my readers updated on what is going on and what to expect in the future.

First of all, Seeing Is Believing is not dead. My day job has been keeping me quite busy over these last few weeks, so I haven't had the time to go see any new movies.

I did recently see "How To Train Your Dragon 2" but just haven't found the time to write a full review on it. Short review: It was enjoyable, but not up to the level of the first film.

You also may have noticed that I have brought in a new contributor to the site, Jaime Williams. Jaime is a wonderfully creative person who I met at my time at my college newspaper. He was the online editor and web designer for the online version of the paper.

I have brought Jaime on for many reasons, but the main one is to help redesign the website. Now that I've been providing consistent content for this site for over a year and have over 120 articles, including reviews of nearly 100 movies, I've decided that its time for a better look for the site.

Jaime and I have been collaborating for weeks now and have been working behind the scenes to update the website. So even though I haven't been providing content, I have been working on making the blog into something new. In fact, here is the new banner for the site:



But that is just the beginning of the many updates to this site.

I don't want to reveal all of the changes that will be coming, because I want to keep it a secret. What I will tell you is that I wish to expand my articles to more than just Blogger. I also wish to create a community within my blog, if possible. To allow my readers the opportunity to speak up and be heard on their opinions of movies. To let readers give their input on my work and say what they do or don't like about my articles.

Because I wouldn't have gone anywhere without you guys. I am entirely grateful to everyone who has ever read my blog. Without you guys, I don't know where I would be. You allow me to do what I love and have so much fun with movies.



But the last thing I will tell you guys is that I am working on adding ads to the site. I hope that when these updates are finished, I will have a higher traffic rate and more people will be reading my blog. Putting in ads to the site would allow me to bring in ad revenue and let me make some money in the process. I promise that they will not get in the way of my content and I will stay focused on providing you with articles and insight that people want to read.

With how much time I already invest into making articles, having an incentive like money would only push me to making even better content, as well as more frequently.

So stay tuned. Within the next week or so, Jaime and I hope to have everything up and running, and Seeing Is Believing will return better than ever before.

No comments: